Friday 7 December 2012

Christmas Preview

Those of you who read my blog last Christmas may remember my series called “The 12 Gays of Christmas”. This year I’m going to go one better and follow the lyrics of the famous Christmas song more closely and bring you “The 12 Gay Days of Christmas”.

For each of the gifts mentioned in the song I’ll give a queer interpretation by linking it to people in the lgbt community. As the song says, on “the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me …” a total of 78 gifts. By the end of the series I’ll have listed 78 people to go with them (actually I’ll list more, but you’ll have to wait and see exactly how many!).

You’ll see what I mean when we get started, which will be on Christmas Day itself and will continue every day until 5th January 2013, when the twelfth and final gifts are given. I won’t give an introduction to the whole series every day, just an introduction for the gifts given on that day.

To whet your appetite here’s just a hint of what to expect. Among the Christmas people will be :
viral investigators,
an Esperanto blackbird,
a cavalry officer who preferred giraffes,
and my great-grand-Mother Goose.

No comments:

Post a Comment